With Google Timeline, you can keep track of your every move. You can see where you’ve been, when you were there, and even how you got there. It’s like a personal diary for your travels! And with MileageWise, you can track your mileage for business expenses for tax purposes. It’s a game-changer for anyone who needs to keep track of their mileage for IRS deductions. Plus, it’s easy to use and saves you time and money.
How can I see a summary of my activity for a specific day or period in my Google Maps Timeline?
Are you curious to know how to see a summary of your activity for a specific day or period in your Google Maps Timeline? Well, you’ve come to the right place! I’m here to share with you a step-by-step guide on how to do just that.
- First things first, let’s make sure you have your Google Maps Timeline turned on. This nifty feature automatically records your location data, so you can look back and see where you’ve been and what you’ve done.
- Open up the Google Maps app on your phone and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner. From there, select “Your Timeline”. This will bring up a map of your recent activity.
- To see a summary of your activity for a specific day or period, tap on the calendar icon in the top right corner. This will allow you to select a date or range of dates to view.
- Once you’ve selected your desired date or range of dates, you’ll see a summary of your activity for that time period. This includes the places you’ve been, the distance you’ve traveled, and even the modes of transportation you’ve used.
- But wait, there’s more! You can also click on individual activities to see more details, like the exact time you arrived and departed from a location. Plus, if you’ve added notes or photos to a location in your Timeline, those will show up too.
So there you have it, folks. With just a few taps, you can easily see a summary of your activity for any day or period in your Google Maps Timeline. It’s like having your own personal diary of your adventures!
In conclusion, using the Google Maps Timeline is a great way to keep track of your daily activities and travel history. It’s also a fun and interactive way to look back on your past adventures. So don’t be afraid to explore and make some memories – your Timeline will be there to capture it all. Happy traveling!
How can I export my Google Maps Timeline data to another format?
So you’ve been using Google Maps Timeline to keep track of your travels and activities, but now you want to export that data to another format. Don’t worry, it’s easier than you think by following these steps outlined below:
- Navigate to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout to access Google Takeout.
- Choose the “Deselect All” option at the page’s top.
- Check the box next to “Maps (your places and timeline)” after scrolling down until you see it.
- To broaden the selections and choose the precise data you wish to export, click “All Maps data included.”
- Choose the file type you want to use to export the data, then click “Next” (e.g. .zip).
- Select the delivery method for your exported data (e.g. email, Google Drive, Dropbox).
- When the export is finished, click “Create export.”
- You will get an email with a link to download your data to your Google account after your export is finished. A JSON file containing your Google Maps Timeline data in a structured format will be part of the exported data. You can use this file to import your data into other programs or tools, like MileageWise, that support JSON files.
Google Maps trips into an IRS-Proof mileage log with ease
Do you use Google Maps to track your business mileage? If so, did you know that you can easily import your trips into an IRS-proof mileage log with MileageWise?
Importing your trips from Google Maps to MileageWise is easy. Simply export your trips from Google Maps via the Google TakeOut app (https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout) as a JSON file, and then import that file into MileageWise. MileageWise will automatically create a mileage log for you, including the date, time, and location of each trip. Follow these easy steps to import your Google Timeline from Google TakeOut to MileageWise:
- Go to the Monthly travels menu in MileageWise and choose the Trips tab to import fixed trips. Import fixed trips may be found by opening Useful Tools in the upper right corner.
- The data source should be Google Timeline.
- Choose your preferred vehicle and time period, then click Next step..
- Choose the JSON file you want to upload from your computer (maximum file size is 20 MB).
- Click Upload file and then Next step once the file has been identified.
- The computer algorithm will instantly match the columns.
- An error message will show up if the import file doesn’t contain any trips for the chosen time frame. When uploading the file, be sure the program’s time period selection is accurate.
- You will receive an email alert when the import process is complete, which could take 10 to 15 minutes. During this time, you are still able to use the system.
- To view the fixed trips, click View Current Status. You can see how many trips were successfully imported, how many are still being processed, and how many were not able to be imported.
- Return to the Trips tab under the Monthly travels menu to view your trips after the import procedure is finished.
- Imported trips will be inserted after recorded refueling/charging or fixed trips.
- You can edit the days for which you have imported your fixed trips. Imported trips are marked with an icon, which can be deleted individually, have their purpose changed, their order switched, or new fixed trips added.
- Under Helpful tools in the top right corner, you can also browse a list of imported fixed trips and delete them all at once.
Now you’ve got a Google Maps mileage log! 🙂